Your holiday hairstyle braid should be chic, fun and easy to maintain. While there are so many options for braiding your hair, there are styles perfectly suited for the holidays. Below we listed some of the best braid hairstyles for you to try for your Christmas and New Year gatherings and vacation trips.
1. Goddess Box Braids
First up on our holiday hairstyle braids is the goddess box braided hairstyle. This style involves box braids with curly strands woven throughout or added at the end. Braids and curls appear to be undone, giving out a goddess and boho vibe. If you want a braided hairstyle that would last longer, then give this a try.
2. Faux Locs
As the name suggests, faux locs are essentially fake or synthetic locs. Because they can shield your natural hair from heat, environmental harm and breakage, faux locs are considered protective hairstyles. What’s more, you can try this whether you have long or short hair. Just work with a hair braiding Dallas, TX professional.
3. Braided Bun with Weave
Weave-braided buns are highly fashionable and adaptable — they are the perfect updo, whether for a laidback afternoon gathering or a fancy dinner party. This braids hairstyle’s intricacy gives you a stylish edge. For a polished look, hair braiding Dallas, TX experts suggest lining up your high bun with your cheekbone.
4. Braided Ponytail
A classic braided ponytail is ideal for any holiday vacation. In addition to being quick and simple to install, it’s also highly manageable to remove and redo. This braided hairstyle comes in different shapes and sizes. You can simply do box braids with ponytails or lemonade braids, which Beyonce made popular.
5. Knotless Braids
In contrast to box braids, the knotless braids hairstyle eliminates tugging and tension, sparing your hair roots from stress and damage. In addition, this braided hairstyle can last up to three months or even longer, depending on your hair texture, porosity and management. So if you want a pain-free braiding experience, try this!
6. Feed-in Boho Braids
One of the must-have hairstyles for ladies is a feed-in bohemian braid. This style gives you the best of both worlds: stunning braids and full, voluminous curls. Feed-in braids are perfect for you if you’re all about that messy boho look. Hair braiding Dallas, TX professionals, suggest moisturizing and tying your hair with a silk scarf at night.
7. Passion Twists
Passion twists are great alternatives to faux locs and box braids. This is the kind of braided hairstyle that looks better over time — a perfect holiday hairstyle braid! Even though the braid style builds on messy twists, they still need to be managed. Just use mousse to retwist your curls and keep them from unraveling.
Braided Hairstyles Tips
Holidays can be chaotic, but your hair doesn’t need to be. Below are some tips for managing your braids:
- Moisturize your scalp as frequently as you can. Moisturizing prevents flakiness and other dry scalp issues.
- Wash and cleanse your hair every other week. Washing removes the dust, dirt and sweat your braids pick up.
- Avoid wearing excessively tight braids. Tight braids can lead to tension alopecia.
- Refrain from using harmful chemicals. The products you use either cause or prevent hair breakage.
- Try to tie up your braids sparingly. Frequent updos can compromise the integrity of your hair edges.
- Book a regular appointment with your stylist. This allows you to determine if your braids need special care or retouching.
- Redo your edges and braids close to your hairline. Your edges and hairline need paying attention.
- Develop a nighttime hair care routine. Practicing a nighttime routine helps you not skip moisturizing your hair.
- Use silk scarves when covering your hair at night. Covering your hair at night shields your edges and roots from drying out.
4HR Braid Bar: The best hair braiding Dallas TX Stylists
More than styling the perfect braid hairstyles for our clients, we focus on providing a comfortable braiding experience all in four hours, as our name suggests. 4HR is a team of braiders with over 30 years of collective experience.
At 4HR Braid Bar, your hair and time are our priority. We are located inside Walmart, 18121 Marsh Lane, Dallas, Texas. If you have any questions, we’d be glad to talk with you. Visit us, or call our team at 214-482-6880.
Please view our portfolio or Instagram page to view some of our works.